1. How old were you when you first wrote your first story?
My earliest memories of writing are when I was about 7 years old when I discovered an old book of Poe. That was when I fell in love with poetry. I remember reading the poems that I wrote to my Grandma. It wasn’t long after that when I wrote my first short story.
2. How many books have you written?
I have a short story collection out now with a second one coming from Terror Tract Publishing in January.
3. Anything you won’t write about?
I think I would write about anything as long as it is necessary for the story.
4. Tell me about you. Age (if you don’t mind answering), married, kids, do you have another job etc…
I will be 35 years old in January. I am married, about 14 years now, with a 10 year old son and 7 year old daughter.
5. What’s your favorite book you have written?
My second collection, Torn From Nightmares, is my favorite book I have written so far. I’m really proud of this book and can’t wait for people to read it. Dark Desires is probably my favorite story in the collection.
6. Who or what inspired you to write?
Originally it was Dean Koontz. No one had ever made me feel something by just reading words on a page like he did. Now my kids inspire me. When I feel like just giving up they inspire me to keep going. I want to show them that with hard work, dreams do come true.
7. What do you like to do for fun?
When I’m not writing, I am usually hanging out with the wife and kids doing whatever they want to do.
8. Any traditions you do when you finish a book?
Not really. Maybe just take the wife out on a date. A nice dinner and maybe a movie.
9. Where do you write? Quiet or music?
My wife works from home so she has the office throughout the day so I work at the kitchen table. But early in the mornings and late at night, I get my desk in the office. It has to be quiet. No distractions.
10. Anything you would change about your writing?
I just hope to get better. I wish I wouldn’t procrastinate as much and get more done.
11. What is your dream? Famous writer?
The original dream was to be a professional wrestler. So when I turned 18 I went to a wrestling school and began my career. I wrestled for almost 10 years until my daughter was born. It got too hard to be gone every weekend away from home. So I decided to stay home and focus on my writing.
12. Where do you live?
I have lived in East Liverpool, Ohio my entire life.
Two dogs and two cats. My daughter would have so many more though if she could.
14. What’s your favorite thing about writing?
The escape. It’s what I love about reading, you get lost in a story and the next thing you know three hours have gone by.
15. What is coming next for you?
My collection, Torn From Nightmares, comes out in January. I’m working on a couple of novels that I hope to have finished within the next couple of months. And I’m always working on short stories and poetry.
16. Where do you get your ideas?
Watching and listening to people always gives me ideas. Reality is stranger than fiction.
@dustydavis21 on social media